Thursday, March 02, 2017

Lent 2017

I am resurrecting this blog nearly 10 years after the last post. Things have definitely changed since that last entry. Most notably would be the addition of two little boys to our family, and of course new jobs and houses. My reason for jumping back into the blogging world is Lent. This year during the intense political climate we live in, my faith and belief in others has been strained. I have watched and heard things from other professed believers that have shocked and dismayed me. And i have gotten into far too many facebook debates that have left me frustrated and angry. And so for Lent this year, (yes we became Anglicans during the past 10 years as well) I decided to give up Facebook.  I had been wasting too much time and energy on trying to educate and inform others about social issues they should care about and not enough time intentionally doing things for others and reflecting on my values and beliefs. So that is my goal this Lent season. To connect more with my family, those in my community, and even those I disagree with, in an attempt to live out my faith more intentionally. And because i have more time because I am not stalking random friends from high school, i thought i would blog about those experiences. So although I am already one day behind here goes....
Today I wrote a letter to my grandma. That may not seem significant, but I rarely see her and unfortunately dont call her enough. We dont have much in common, but i know she loves to hear from her grand children and great grandchildren, and this is one thing i have neglected to do.  So today, i wrote her a card saying that i love and care for her and giving her an update on  our lives and the boys.

No comments: