Thursday, January 20, 2005

So today I got proposed to TWICE! Yeah, thats right. This afternoon while I was working at the Compassion Center (the homeless day center) I was getting some files and dealing with a couple of different clients and kind of flustered when I turned around at my desk and one of the men was down on one knee. When I asked him if he needed anything he said "Cant you see Im trying to propose?" When I mentioned that we didnt even know each other he said "Well we can take our lives to get to know each other"...Well, at this point another client joined in with him and they kept harassing me about how beautiful I was, how they loved my red hair, etc...Yet, after referring him to work with another case manager, about an hour later he came back and again got down on his knee and said "So what do you say? Have you changed your mind?"
I mean I guess it really isnt a rare event for the workers to get hit on by homeless men at the center, but needless to say it made for an interesting day back on the job! I mean social work is never a boring occupation :)

1 comment:

Justin said...

I want to say something funny, but I'll refrain for now. See, everybody loves feisty redheads =)